This programme makes a speciality of the danger control and the quantification of several sorts of hazard which includes monetary, including marketplace hazard and some factors of liquidity and counterpart threat.
Why this programme
- Financial Risk Management will offer you with a radical know-how of
- advanced econometric evaluation
- theories of hazard, consisting of bond market hobby charge determination, marketplace hazard, liquidity threat and counterpart danger
- the role and effect of financial guidelines.
- It will equip you with up to date hazard management capabilities for the quantification of chance and the top-quality asset allocation. These competencies are important for dealing with and hedging market, credit score and hobby fee risks.
- You could have access to statistical programs, including MATLAB and EViews, and a devoted computer lab with the intention to allow you to position concept into exercise.
- We are actually partners with Bloomberg Experiential Learning. The ELP application recognises and celebrates educational establishments which are leaders in experiential learning thru the integration of Bloomberg terminal physical activities into curriculum.
- Take benefit of our individualised abilties improvement programme, that allows you to make sure you balance academic theory with essential employability abilties that will help you maximise your ability and reap your career desires.
Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited Programme shape
You will take 4 core and two non-compulsory guides and complete a huge independent piece of work, commonly inside the form of a dissertation.
- BASIC ECONOMETRICS*
- ECONOMIC FUNDAMENTALS AND FINANCIAL MARKETS
- FINANCIAL MARKETS, SECURITIES AND DERIVATIVES
- HEDGE FUND RISK MANAGEMENT
Sample non-obligatory can also encompass
- APPLIED COMPUTATIONAL FINANCE
- CORPORATE FINANCE AND INVESTMENT
- INTERNATIONAL FINANCE AND MONEY
- INVESTMENT, FINANCE AND ASSET PRICES
- MATHEMATICAL FINANCE
- PORTFOLIO ANALYSIS AND INVESTMENT
*If you have got a strong historical past in econometrics you could swap this route with Modelling and forecasting economic markets.
Programme alteration or discontinuation
The University of Glasgow endeavours to run all programmes as advertised. In tremendous situations, however, the University can also withdraw or regulate a programme. For extra information, please see: Student agreement.
As a graduate you’ll be certified to paintings in hazard control, asset management groups, hedge budget, wealth management banks and significant banks. Graduates have located employment with groups together with Morgan Stanley, HSBC, KPMG, and the Royal Bank of Scotland. We have a committed careers and employability group who provide 1-2-1 support and recommendation, institution workshops, organization activities on campus and networking opportunities all through the year that will help you together with your career possibilities.
Fees & funding
Tuition costs for 2021-22
- Full-time charge: £13050
International & EU
- Full-time rate: £29300
Tuition expenses for January 2021 begin
- UK and EU complete time rate: £12,500
- International full time fee: £28,420
International applicants are required to pay a deposit of £2000 while a suggestion is made.
Deposits phrases & situations
The University requires a deposit to be paid with the aid of Internationalapplicants in receipt of an provide tothis programme and who require a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from the University in order that they are able to practice for a student visa. This is needed in which the programme is aggressive and the deposit is required in order to display your commitment to attend the programme have to you meet all of the conditions of your provide.
If you are made an offer for this programme the University will write to you and request a deposit with records on the way to pay your deposit and the cut-off date for making the deposit payment. Please observe that in case you are unable to pay a deposit because you’re making plans to fund your studies via an authentic monetary sponsor then you definitely ought to add a copy of your scholarship application or award letter to your application by using the closing date date.
The following recommendations will follow in determining whether or not or now not a deposit will be refunded. Where the deposit is refunded, a ten% handling fee can be deducted.
Deposits WILL be refunded to applicants below the following circumstances:
Deposits WILL NOT be refunded to applicants below the following situations:
Refund requests need to be made within 60 days of the programme start date stated in your provide letter: requests made after this date might be problem to discretion.
- Fee for re-evaluation of a dissertation (PGT programme): £370
- Submission of thesis after closing date lapsed: £350
- Registration/exam best rate: £170
Adam Smith Scholarship (International)
The University of Glasgow has some of Adam Smith Scholarships to be had for Academic Session 2021-22 to International and EU (non-UK) students entering the Adam Smith Business School. The scholarship is provided as a tuition price cut price.
- Adam Smith Scholarship (International)
Adam Smith Scholarship (UK)
The University of Glasgow is presenting a number of Adam Smith Scholarships for Academic Session 2021-22 to UK students. Scholarships are to be had to students getting into the under Adam Smith Business School complete-time postgraduate taught programmes and are awarded as a training rate cut price.
- Adam Smith Scholarship (UK)
Adam Smith Discount
The University of Glasgow is imparting a 20% tuition charge discount for Academic Session 2020-21 and Academic Session 2021-22 to students coming into the Adam Smith Business School.
- Adam Smith Discount
Chevening Scholarships are the United Kingdom authorities’s worldwide scholarship programme, funded via the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and companion establishments. The scholarships are offered to superb students with leadership potential. Awards are commonly for a three hundred and sixty five days Master’s degree at universities throughout the UK. There are over 50,000 Chevening Alumni around the arena who collectively comprise an influential and pretty seemed global community.
For further data, please consult with the Chevening internet site.
- Chevening Scholarship
University of Glasgow African Excellence Fee Waiver
For September 2021 access we’re providing 10 scholarships really worth the overall lessons fee of a one-12 months Masters programme to academically first-rate students from Africa.
- University of Glasgow African Excellence Fee Waiver
Postgraduate Talent Scholarships
The University of Glasgow awards Postgraduate Talent Scholarships every academic yr to aid college students who may want to face financial difficulties in taking on their region to study at the University. The value of every scholarship is £2,000 and they’re for college kids assignment a one or two year Taught Masters programme, in any of the University’s Colleges. For 12 months Taught Masters programmes, the scholarship is to be had in 12 months one best.
- Postgraduate Talent Scholarships
Commonwealth Scholarship Schemes
Commonwealth Scholarships are available every year to fund Commonwealth residents’ study in the UK for undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications. A variety of scholarship schemes are to be had for residents of Commonwealth international locations aside from the United Kingdom. Further statistics is available on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s website.
- Commonwealth Scholarship Schemes
PGT Excellence Scholarship
The University of Glasgow has a total of 28 PGT Excellence Awards to be had to UK Students for Academic session 2021-22. Scholarships are to be had to students getting into any of the University’s faculties and are presented as a training fee bargain.
- PGT Excellence Scholarship
University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
The University of Glasgow has 70 International Leadership Scholarships available to International and EU (non-UK) students beginning a postgraduate taught Masters programme in any discipline for Academic Session 2021-22. The scholarship is presented as a training charges discount.
- University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
Banco de Mexico
The Mexican National Bank (Banco de Mexico) presents unique loans for college kids who desire to adopt a programme of postgraduate look at. The University of Glasgow in partnership with Bank of Mexico FIDERH is providing a rate discount to holders of a Bank of Mexico FIDERH loan. See the FIDERH internet site for similarly statistics.
- Banco de Mexico
University of Glasgow Chancellors Award (Nigeria)
The University of Glasgow has 10 Chancellors Award Scholarships to be had to Nigerian college students starting a postgraduate taught Masters programme in any area in educational session 2021-22. The scholarship is offered as a lessons price bargain.
- University of Glasgow Chancellors Award (Nigeria)
Erasmus+ Master Degree Loans
Erasmus+ Master Degree Loans are EU-assured loans with favourable pay-returned terms. They’re designed to help potential college students finance their Master’s courses in an Erasmus+ Programme u . s . a . while leaving as little of a lasting monetary footprint as viable.
The scheme is designed to provide postgraduate students with the means to pay their training and residing costs – thereby permitting individuals to awareness on their degree in place of dealing with their financial institution stability. The programme ambitions to be as inclusive as feasible, working under the following hints:
- No need for collateral from students or parents – ensuring equality of get entry to
- Favourable, higher-than-market hobby rates
- Pay-returned terms that allow graduates up to two years to locate work before beginning repayment.
Please visit the Erasmus+ Master Degree Loans website for extra information.
- Erasmus+ Master Degree Loans
ColfuturoFundacion para el Futuro de Colombia
The University of Glasgow offer discounts to all successful Fundacion para el Futuro de Colombia (Colfuturo) scholars who enrol on the University of Glasgow to complete a postgraduate programme.
- ColfuturoFundacion para el Futuro de Colombia
Postgraduate Student Loan (NI)
If you’re a Northern Irish pupil seeking to look at a taught Masters programme* in Glasgow then you could practice for a pupil loan in precisely the equal manner as you would for a University in Northern Ireland.
Northern Irish students are able to follow for non-approach-examined lessons rate loans of up to £5,500, to assist with the prices of funding.
For extra information visit www.studentfinanceni.co.uk/sorts-of-finance/postgraduate .
* does now not follow to Erasmus Mundus programmes
- Postgraduate Student Loan (NI)
Snowdon Masters Scholarships
The Snowdon Masters Scholarships have been designed to discover and accelerate gifted disabled people via better schooling.
The scholarship has been designed to discover and boost up proficient disabled people thru higher training.
The scholarship is aimed at;
- Supporting splendid college students with the capability to create change and impact others
- Provide funding for college students with excellence in a subject of observe, within and past academia
- Accelerate disabled college students to become leaders and role-models
- Provide opportunity for individuals with the pressure and resolution to be triumphant
Please see Snowdon Masters Scholarships internet site for extra information.
- Snowdon Masters Scholarships
CONICyT (La Comsion Nacional de Investigacion Cientifica y Tecnologica de Chile)
The University of Glasgow gives a 25% bargain to all a success CONICyT students who enrol on the University of Glasgow to complete a postgraduate programme.
- CONICyT (La Comsion Nacional de Investigacion Cientifica y Tecnologica de Chile)
CONACyT (Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnologia) / FUNED Agreement
CONACYT gives a non-refundable scholarship, a month-to-month stipend and health insurance of an approximate total of $20,000 USD (within the case of the UK, no health insurance provide is given given that college students are already blanketed by means of the National Health System) The University of Glasgow offer a 30% bargain to all successful CONACyT scholars who enrol on the University of Glasgow to complete a postgraduate programme.
- CONACyT (Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnologia) / FUNED Agreement
Postgraduate Tuition Fee Loans England simplest (PTFL)
If you’re beginning a grasp’s degree, you could get a Postgraduate Master’s Loan of as much as £10,609 to help with route costs and living charges. You should repay your Postgraduate Master’s Loan at the identical time as any other scholar loans you have. You’ll be charged interest from the day you get the first payment.
If you’re analyzing with the aid of distance getting to know, you may additionally observe.
Examples of postgraduate master’s qualifications include:
- MSc (Master of Science)
- MA (Master of Arts)
- MPhil (Master of Philosophy)
- MRes (Master of Research)
- LLM (Master of Law)
- MLitt (Master of Letters)
- MFA (Master of Fine Art)
- MEd (Master of Education)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
If you intend to take a look at for Master of Architecture (MArch) or an Integrated Master’s qualification, you should follow for undergraduate aid
- Postgraduate Tuition Fee Loans England only (PTFL)
Postgraduate Student Loan (Scotland and EU)
Eligible complete-time and element-time students, assignment an eligible postgraduate direction, can follow for a lessons rate mortgage up to a maximum of £5,500 towards their course.
Eligible full-time postgraduate students can practice to us for a dwelling-value loan of up to £four,500.
Please see the Postgraduate investment manual.
For extra statistics go to the SAAS website
- Postgraduate Student Loan (Scotland and EU)
Postgraduate Loans for Welsh Students
If you’re a Welsh scholar looking to observe a postgraduate programme* in Glasgow then you may apply for a student loan in exactly the equal way as you would for a Welsh University.
* does now not practice to Erasmus Mundus programmes
Postgraduate Master’s Finance
If you’re beginning a complete-time or component-time Postgraduate Master’s direction (taught or studies based) from 1 August 2019, you can practice for Postgraduate Master’s Finance and get hold of up to £17,000 as a mixture of supply and mortgage:
- a maximum grant of £6,885 and loan of £10,a hundred and fifteen if your household profits is £18,370 and underneath
- a supply of £1,000 and mortgage of £sixteen,000 in case your household profits isn’t always taken into consideration or is above £fifty nine,200.
For greater facts visit Student Finance Wales
Postgraduate Doctoral Loan
If you’re starting a full-time or element-time postgraduate Doctoral direction (consisting of a PhD) from 1 August 2019 you could follow for a Postgraduate Doctoral Loan of as much as £25,700.
- Postgraduate Loans for Welsh Students
In response to the cutting-edge remarkable monetary weather, the University is presenting a 20% cut price on all Postgraduate Research and complete Postgraduate Taught Masters programmes to its alumni, commencing observe in Academic session 2021/22. This includes University of Glasgow graduates and people who have finished a Study Abroad programme or the Erasmus Programme on the University of Glasgow. The discount applies to all complete-time, element-time and on line programmes. This cut price can be presented along other University scholarships.
- Alumni Discount
The University of Glasgow is imparting 4 scholarships (one in step with university) for candidates to the University who’re staying within the UK on humanitarian grounds and are dealing with demanding situations in progressing onto Higher Education. The scholarship is open to prospective undergraduate and postgraduate taught college students of the University of Glasgow making use of for entry in 2021/22. The scholarship meets the total value of tuition expenses at some point of your programme as nicely presenting an additional £5,000 consistent with year stipend, if the eligibility standards for college accommodation is met this will also be furnished throughout your degree. For greater records on the accommodation criteria, please see the Accommodation Services section on the website.
We also are presenting eight scholarships to college students who maintain refugee repute. This scholarship is presented as a £2,500 stipend towards examine costs, in line with 12 months of study.
- Humanitarian Scholarships
The Clan Gregor Society Prize
The Clan Gregor Society are offering an award to new entrants to the University of Glasgow who descend from Clan Gregor. Prospective students can be asked to post an utility highlighting areas of attention which includes instructional excellence and financial want. The award is open to each Undergraduate and postgraduate candidates.
- The Clan Gregor Society Prize
The scholarships above are precise to this programme. For greater funding opportunities search the scholarships database
2.1 Honours diploma or non-UK equivalent in economics, finance, engineering, physics, or some other fairly mathematical discipline.
Only applications that meet or exceed our stated access requirements will pass ahead for consideration. Any application that does not may be automatically rejected. Applicants might be made offers based totally on their relative performance compared to different applicants, taking into consideration each current GPA, or diploma classification, and the relevance of an applicant’s instructional heritage.
Please notice, programs that meet our minimal entry necessities may additionally still be rejected, based totally on its rating in evaluation to different programs received during the same round. Please review our said entry necessities to make certain you meet or exceed them earlier than filing your application.
International students with academic qualifications underneath those required should contact our companion group, Glasgow International College, who provide various pre-Masters courses.
English language necessities
For applicants whose first language isn’t always English, the University units a minimum English Language talent level.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (no longer General Training)
- 6.5 with 2 sub-exams at 6.5 and 2 sub-checks at 6.zero.
- Tests should have been taken inside 4 years 5 months of begin date. Combined rankings from two assessments taken within 6 months of every different may be taken into consideration.
Common equivalent English language qualifications
All said English exams are suited for admission to this programme:
TOEFL (ib, my first-class or athome)
- 90 with minimal R 20, L 19, S 19, W 23.
- Tests have to were taken within four years 5 months of start date. Combined scores from checks taken inside 6 months of every different may be considered.
- 60 with minimal 59 in all subtests.
- Tests have to had been taken inside four years 5 months of start date. Combined rankings from two tests taken inside 6 months of each different can be taken into consideration.
Duolingo (2021 entry, beneath evaluation for 2022 access)
- a hundred twenty five with a hundred twenty five in 2 or more sub-ratings such as literacy and no sub-score under a hundred and fifteen for direct access, one hundred twenty and not using a sub-score decrease than one hundred ten for in-sessional aid, a hundred and fifteen for five week PSE, 110 for 10 week PSE, one zero five for 14 week PSE, one hundred for 18 week PSE. Pleas see Pre-sessional guides.
- Tests have to had been taken inside 1 yr of begin date.
Glasgow International College English Language (and different basis carriers)
- Tests are conventional for academic 12 months following sitting.
University of Glasgow Pre-sessional guides
- Tests are accepted for academic 12 months following sitting.
Alternatives to English Language qualification
- Undergraduate degree from English talking us of a (along with Canada if taught in English)
- Undergraduate 2+2 diploma from English speakme us of a
- Undergraduate 2+2 TNE diploma taught in English in non-English talking us of a
- Masters degree from English speaking united states of america
- Masters diploma (equivalent on NARIC to UK masters degree) taught in English in non-English speakme country.
For worldwide college students, the Home Office has showed that the University can pick out to apply those assessments to make its own evaluation of English language capacity for visa packages to diploma level programmes. The University is also able to be given an IELTS test (Academic module) from any of the one thousand IELTS check centres from around the world and we do not require a particular UKVI IELTS check for diploma degree programmes. We therefore nonetheless receive any of the English checks listed for admission to this programme.
The University of Glasgow accepts proof of the specified language level from the English for Academic Study Unit Pre-sessional publications. We additionally bear in mind other BALEAP accepted pre-sessional courses:
- School of Modern Languages and Cultures: English for Academic Study
- BALEAP guide to approved courses
For similarly information approximately English language requirements, please touch the Recruitment and International Office the use of our enquiry form
International college students
We are happy with our various University network which attracts students and team of workers from over a hundred and forty exceptional nations.
- Find out more about access necessities and other u . s . a .-precise information
- International pupil help & visas
- This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa utility method: discover extra
How to use
To apply for a postgraduate taught degree you ought to observe on line. We can not be given packages some other manner.
Please check you meet the Entry necessities for this programme earlier than you start your utility.
As a part of your on-line software, you furthermore mght want to publish the subsequent supporting documents:
- A reproduction (or copies) of your reputable degree certificate(s) (when you have already completed your diploma)
- A copy (or copies) of your respectable educational transcript(s), showing complete details of topics studied and grades/marks received
- Official English translations of the certificates(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Evidence of your English language capacity (if your first language isn’t always English)
- Any additional documents required for this programme (see Entry necessities for this programme)
- A copy of the photograph web page of your passport (Non-EU college students only)
You have 42 days to post your software when you start the process.
You may also store and go back to your utility as frequently as you desire to update data, entire sections or add helping documents such as your very last transcript or your language take a look at.
For more statistics approximately filing files or different subjects related to making use of to a postgraduate taught programme, test Frequently Asked Questions
Guidance notes for the usage of the web application
These notes are supposed to help you whole the net software shape appropriately; they’re additionally to be had in the help section of the web application form.
If you enjoy any difficulties having access to the online utility then you ought to visit the Application Troubleshooting/FAQs web page.
- Name and Date of delivery: should appear precisely as they do for your passport. Please take time to test the spelling and lay-out.
- Contact Details: Correspondence cope with. All contact applicable in your application may be sent to this address such as the offer letter(s). If your cope with adjustments, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Choice of route: Please pick cautiously the direction you need to examine. As your utility could be sent to the admissions committee for every direction you pick out it’s miles crucial to remember at this stage why you’re inquisitive about the path and that it’s far reflected on your application.
- Proposed date of access: Please country your preferred begin date inclusive of the month and the year. Taught masters stages tend to start in September. Research ranges can also start in any month.
- Education and Qualifications: Please whole this section as fully as possible indicating any relevant Higher Education qualifications starting with the maximum recent. Complete the call of the Institution (s) as it seems on the degree certificate or transcript.
- English Language Proficiency: Please kingdom the date of any English language test taken (or to be taken) and the award date (or predicted award date if acknowledged).
- Employment and Experience: Please complete this phase as fully as viable with all employments relevant on your route. Additional information can be connected in your personal announcement/idea where appropriate.
Reference: Please offer one reference. This have to usually be an educational reference but in instances where this is not viable then a reference from a present day employer can be time-honored rather. Certain programmes, along with the MBA programme, can also receive an employer reference. If you have already got a copy of a reference on letter headed paper then please add this in your software. If you do now not have already got a reference to upload then please input your referee’s name and speak to info on the web application and we can touch your referee at once.
Application closing dates
International programs (non-EU) deadline
Applications at the moment are closed for worldwide candidates for the 2021 educational 12 months. Applications will reopen on 1st October for the 2022 educational year.
UK and EU utility deadline
- 25 August 2021
A charge of £25 in step with software should be paid by means of all candidates to this programme. The utility fee will be asked whilst you apply online and it is able to be paid using your credit or debit financial institution card.
Application price: Terms and conditions
The software rate is non-refundable so it’s far critical that you take a look at any unique entry necessities for the programme. If you’re making use of with qualifications from outdoor the United Kingdom you then have to test the postgraduate taught access necessities for your country: see International students: In your country
Applicants who’re sponsored may additionally have the application rate waived at the factor of applying on-line. However if the sponsorship repute modifications before the scholar registers with the University and the scholar is self-investment the University reserves the proper to bill the scholar for the initial application charge.
Find out more approximately Application fees
More records approximately this programme
- Resources and centers
- Adam Smith Business School Graduate Award