- Course review
Do you need to obtain Credit Adviser (CA) or Associate Credit Adviser (ACA) repute with the Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA)?
Kaplan Professional’s FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management is for the ones looking a career in the finance and loan broker industry. This course will provide an information of a number of the critical aspects in the finance and mortgage dealer industry at the same time as meeting the licensing necessities for loan agents mentioned in ASIC’s Regulatory Guide 206 (RG 206).
Kaplan Professional’s FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management gives:
- Principles of a way to verify a prospective borrower’s eligibility to gain finance and provider debt
- Techniques on a way to increase and nurture relationships with clients, other experts and 1/3 birthday party referrers
- How to become aware of dangers and observe hazard management methods
- Introduction to Finance Principles (IFP)
- Industry Knowledge and the Lending Process (DIPMB1)
- Complex Lending and Broking (DIPMB2)
- Business Management Skills (DIPMB3)
- Subject information
Individuals who select to finish the optional problem Introduction to Finance Principles (IFP) could have a primary expertise of:
- The finance industry.
- Accounting concepts.
- Financial statements.
On a success of completion of the FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management subjects under, individuals should be able to:
- Accurately and efficiently, examine and technique credit applications.
- Identify and meet the desires of finance and loan broker customers.
- Appropriately gift dealer options and answers to client.
- Develop productive relationship with customers.
- Apply knowledge of the economic services enterprise to their professional practice.
- Accurately and effectively evaluate and manner complicated credit applications.
- Identify and meet the needs of clients with specialised and complex financing necessities, along with commercial, business, property and leasing finance.
- Analyse financial statements and the software of financial ratios in assessing the viability of proposals.
- Demonstrate self-management abilties in building and keeping a patron base within the finance and mortgage broker industry.
- Develop professional commercial enterprise relationships.
- Apply the understanding of enterprise control to sell and develop a commercial enterprise.
SubjectTopicsIntroduction to Finance Principles (IFP)Topic 1: Introduction to enterprise finances
Topic 2: Accounting concepts
Topic three: The stability sheet
Topic four:The profits announcement
Topic five: Statement of coins flows
Topic 6: Analysing financial statements
Topic 7: Cost conduct evaluation
Topic eight: Budgeting and forecastingIndustry Knowledge and the Lending Process (DIPMB1)Industry Knowledge
Topic 1-1: The enterprise and financial system
Topic 1-2: Legislation and codes of exercise
Topic 1-3: Products and offerings
Topic 2-1: Organisations, groups and people
The Lending Process
Topic three-1: Understanding the consumer’s needs
Topic three-2: Developing and imparting solutions
Topic three-3: Packaging the utility to ship to lender/supplier
Topic three-4: Monitor the mortgage system
Complex Lending and Broking (DIPMB2)Complex Lending and Broking
Topic 1: Identifying and developing complicated dealer alternatives
Topic 2: Legislation and codes of practiceBusiness Management Skills (DIPMB3)Business Management Skills
Topic 1: Business growth and advertising
Topic 2: Business operations
Topic three: People control
Units of competency
The 15 devices of competency are presented for the a success completion of the FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management; 10 center and five electives. There aren’t any gadgets of competency issued within the IFP Introduction to Finance Principles challenge.
For statistics on the devices of competency see the Subject outlines inside the Course Overview tab.
There are three enrolment options:
- Enrolment directly into the FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management – $600 (GST exempt).
- Enrolment at once into the FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management with Introduction to Finance Principles (IFP) issue – $600 (GST exempt).
- If you’ve got completed your FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking, you could upgrade into the FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management for $300 (GST exempt).
Individuals have a total of:
- 42 weeks to complete the studying and assessment necessities for the FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management, from their preliminary activation date.
- An extra four (four) weeks resubmission time consistent with concern (aside from IFP Introduction to Finance Principles) – if an individual reaches the give up of their initial enrolment length and has been deemed not yet capable in one or greater evaluation items, then a further four weeks may be granted, supplied the character tried all evaluation tasks all through the initial enrolment period. There is not any fee for this extension.
Therefore, if an individual completes the gaining knowledge of and assessment, and the resubmission time in every subject is granted (except in IFP Introduction to Finance Principles), the period could be 54 weeks.
The problem breakdown for this course is below:
SubjectDurationIntroduction to Finance Principles (IFP) – non-compulsory 6 weeks path paintings
No resubmission time to be had (no formal checks)
Industry Knowledge and the Lending Process (DIPMB1)12 weeks path paintings
4 weeks resubmission time as outlined aboveComplex Lending and Broking (DIPMB2)12 weeks path work
4 weeks resubmission time as mentioned aboveBusiness Management Skills (DIPMB3)12 weeks course paintings
4 weeks resubmission time as outlined above
The amount of education for this course can be up to 15 hours per week. The quantity of training is the hours an individual can expect to spend to finish their route work and checks.
In addition to the amount of education, individuals who are new to industry or vocational training should need as much as 5 hours consistent with week called unsupervised hours. These extra hours are for look at skills or similarly studies. For instance, an character no longer operating in enterprise could need extra time to check enterprise websites which can be typically added in place of work compliance training. Individuals running in industry may be in a position to finish the route requirements in a shorter time frame or less hours consistent with week.
If an man or woman applies for extensions beyond the maximum 54 week final touch time-frame or is granted special attention, the most period of time to finish this qualification is years from the qualification activation date. If enrolling in unmarried topics with the aim of finishing a qualification, the two 12 months timeframe is calculated from the preliminary activation date of the primary subject.
Additional look at-related prices follow to formal extensions and re-enrolments. Please check with the Vocational Education Fees schedule discovered here.
Please additionally discuss with our Vocational Education and Training (VET) Enrolment Terms and Conditions here or our Student Handbook here for critical data on:
- Subject activation and final touch timeframes
- Subject re-enrolment
- Entry requirementsEducation requirements
There aren’t any entry requirements to enrol immediately into the FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management.
However, Kaplan Professional recommends that people who are new to enterprise (this is, individuals with less than 6 months’ experience inside the finance sector) whole the non-compulsory concern, Introduction to Finance Principles (IFP).
If you have already completed your FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking, you will now not be required to complete Introduction to Finance Principles (IFP), and the units of competency can be regarded even though credit score transfer as the first subject of the Diploma.
Individuals are required to be elderly 18 years or older to enrol in this direction.
This direction calls for you to read comprehensive learner workbooks, whole various written checks, undertake unbiased research sports and at times interact in online boards and discussions. Furthermore, the shipping mode is based on the widespread use of written conversation.
If you have got any doubts approximately whether you have the language, literacy and numeracy talents to undertake a Kaplan Professional software, we propose you communicate with our Student Services crew on 1300 662 203 or electronic mail email@example.com.
You can access KapLearn using any of the browsers under, however it runs high-quality on the modern day versions:
- Firefox 3 or later
- Chrome 4 or later
- Safari three or later
- Internet Explorer
You may additionally locate it helpful to have a couple of browser hooked up for your pc. If you experience issues using Kaplan Professional’s on-line learning machine, try using some other browser.
Browser settings and aid
For the first-class user experience at Kaplan Professional’s on-line mastering device, pick the following browser settings:
- allow cookies
- do no longer block pop-up home windows
Audio recording app
You will want to apply a loose or paid audio-recording app for your cellphone, pill or laptop to report and publish your oral undertaking. Most devices include a unfastened built-in audio/voice-recording app. More statistics should be to be had on your device guide or at the tool manufacturer’s website. Below are assist links for a few famous gadgets.
- Apple iOS
- Apple (mac OS)
- Samsung (Android)
- HTC (Android)
- Windows 10
To efficiently entire this qualification, individuals would require basic computing capabilities. This may also include:
- saving and modifying Microsoft Office documents
- studying, accessing and looking the internet
- downloading and saving documents from web sites
- importing documents through websites
- making an audio recording the usage of a phone, pill or computer
- taking part in online discussions
- Enrolment facts
Individuals may additionally enrol into the FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management at any time and begin studying right now on enrolment.
Upon enrolment, please choose one of the 3 options below:
- FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management; Enrolment at once into the FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management.
- FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management + IFP; Enrolment immediately into the FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management with Introduction to Finance Principles (IFP) concern.
- FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management Upgrade; for people who’ve finished the FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking and desire to finish FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management (the gadgets of competency from FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking can be regarded though credit transfer as the first problem of the Diploma- proof finishing touch ought to be provided).
- Introduction to Finance Principles (IFP) (non-compulsory)
- Industry Knowledge and the Lending Process (DIPMB1)
- Complex Lending and Broking (DIPMB2)
- Business Management Skills (DIPMB3)
The assessments for every concern are indexed underneath. Units of competency are co-assessed by way of subject matter within subjects, as listed in ‘Units of competency’.
SubjectAssessmentAssessment DetailIntroduction to Finance Principles (IFP)No formal assessmentIndustry Knowledge and the Lending Process (DIPMB1)1 ExamSupervised, open ebook a couple of preference examination, 4 (four) attempts.1 Written and Oral AssignmentWritten and oral undertaking – (2) tries
• Written – brief answer questions, case research.
• Oral – Oral response to questions and role performs.
The mode of oral evaluation is via audio recording. As part of the path necessities, individuals will need to discover a volunteer to help with their function performs in the oral challenge.
Complex Lending and Broking (DIPMB2)1 ExamSupervised, open ebook multiple preference exam, 4 (4) attempts.1 Written AssignmentWritten undertaking — two (2) attempts
• short solution questions and case studies
Business Management Skills (DIPMB3)1 ExamSupervised, open ebook more than one preference examination, four (4) tries.1 Written and Oral AssignmentWritten and oral challenge – (2) tries
• Written – brief answer questions and a case examine.
• Oral – Oral response to questions and position performs.
The mode of oral assessment is by means of audio recording. As a part of the direction requirements, people will want to find a volunteer to help with their position play in the oral mission.
Individuals may additionally attempt the exam and/or submit their assignment at any time in the event that they believe they’re safely organized. Individuals will acquire non-public reminder emails as they approach their evaluation closing dates.
Individuals should be deemed ready in all evaluation objects, including demonstrating competency in all the examination questions, so that you can be provided their qualification.
To learn extra approximately what to expect while finishing an oral task using audio please click here.
Kaplan Professional’s checks venue
You can sit your examination even as being supervised in your workplace or at a Kaplan office.
Click right here for Kaplan office exam times and venues.
To live in advance on this aggressive industry, Kaplan Professional provides education in professional knowledge areas including financial making plans or life insurance.
Candidates who meet all the direction necessities can be able to are looking for paintings within the economic services in a finance and loan broker associated role.
Continuing professional development (CPD) of your understanding and skills is essential to last compliant underneath ASIC’s Regulatory Guide 206 (RG 206). ASIC has detailed that representatives imparting loan dealer offerings ought to undertake 20 hours of CPD each 12 months. CPD requirements for MFAA membership are set over and above ASIC requirements of 20 hours in line with year.
Kaplan gives CPD training for finance and loan brokers via Ontrack — our on line CPD platform — which supplies monthly multimedia education, along side monitoring and reporting abilities.
Kaplan’s CPD education is known and authorized by using the FBAA and MFAA. Please evaluation the educational requirements at the FBAA and MFAA websites for further statistics. To analyze extra approximately our ASIC RG 206 compliance offerings, go to the CPD web page for more information, or contact our CPD aid group on 1300 527 526
Individuals who enrol in a Kaplan Professional direction are bound through our published rules, including the policy that sets out our rules for assessment. Individuals can assessment those policies right here. The guidelines additionally assist individuals while their examine application does not cross as deliberate and they want greater assist.
Terms and Conditions
Click right here to get entry to our phrases and situations.
Access our refund coverage
- Student Testimonials
“My Certificate IV helped open the door to the enterprise for me because it furnished me with the preliminary capabilities and expertise I needed to be a dealer. However, I knew that to development even in addition, I desired to undertake the Diploma, so I may want to increase my know-how base even in addition. It’s particularly helped me understand the economic and commercial enterprise side of factors much higher too.”
This qualification is recognized via the Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) and the Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA). Kaplan is a desired qualification company for the MFAA. Completion of this qualification fulfils the training necessities to meet Credit Adviser (CA) or Associate Credit Adviser (ACA) fame with the MFAA. Please review the instructional requirements at the FBAA and MFAA websites for in addition data.
This direction incorporates of 3 subjects with the option to examine an introductory situation, Introduction to Finance Principles (IFP)*. Individuals with 6 months or much less revel in in enterprise are advocated to finish this problem prior to finishing Industry Knowledge and the Lending Process (DIPMB1). A recommended observe order is below:
FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management*IFP (elective)
Introduction to Finance Principles
Industry Knowledge and the Lending Process
Complex Lending and Broking
Business Management Skills
For greater information, see problem outlines beneath:
Individuals who’ve formerly finished the FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking may additionally enrol into the FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management, and the gadgets of competency can be acknowledged via credit score switch because the first concern of the Diploma. These people will no longer be required to complete the optionally available Introduction to Finance Principles (IFP).
For extra examine associated prices, please click on right here.
Enrol now >
It is suggested individuals entire the FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management topics in the following order:
This direction is added on-line via Kaplan Professional’s learning control gadget KapLearn.
You will acquire login info to KapLearn on enrolment. When you log on to KapLearn you are capable of get entry to the difficulty notes, exams, extra getting to know materials which includes media, case studies, practice activities and your on-line train.
Assessments are accessed and submitted thru KapLearn.
Corporate clients should touch our Corporate Solutions Representative on
1300 728 505 to discuss face-to-face delivery alternatives and how we can tailor our education in your enterprise wishes.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Individuals may be capable of acquire Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for a Kaplan Professional award situation based on their previous examine and/or paintings experience. To try this, people must submit proof that demonstrates they’ve already met the necessities of the challenge through those other manner.
Evidence can take many bureaucracy, such as statistics about permitted observe, statistics approximately paintings experience, certificates, transcripts or other credentials.
To find out in case you are eligible for RPL, check with our Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) page.